We’re back with another stellar episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show!
Our guest is Mark Milutin, the managing partner and CEO of Breadloaf, a digital agency that specializes in retention marketing.
He’s essentially a customer retention master, which is why we asked him to be on the show.
Mark is regularly featured on many Shopify webinars as an expert in the industry.
He’s worked with a ton of notable brands including companies like Mercedes Benz, Dolce & Gabbana, Toyota Motors, Monster, United Airlines, and many others.
So… Why does retention marketing matter?
Well, the bottom of your funnel is full of customers who have already purchased your products and would be more than happy to order again if you just reached out to them.
This is an area where so many E-Commerce businesses have problems, simply because they don’t take the time to plan for this level of marketing.
This is a super valuable episode that you won’t want to miss out on!
We’re really going to dive into different strategies and tactics to really help you with customer retention.
You’re not going to want to miss what Mark has to say. In this episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show, you’ll learn:
- What you need for a product-market fit and why this is so important to your E-Commerce business.
- Lessons Mark learned by deciding to close his E-Commerce wine business and his tips for other entrepreneurs in the same situation.
- The definition of retention marketing and why it matters so much to your business.
- Why the bottom of your funnel is where your biggest profit is and how to use that to your advantage.
- The most essential marketing flows that every E-Commerce brand needs to incorporate into their businesses.
- Common mistakes E-Commerce companies make and how to keep from making them.
——– Connect With Mark Milutin ——
Agency Website: https://webakebread.com/
Watch this episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show as our host, Josh Marsden, the international bestselling author of Facebook Advertising Trends and Strategies for E-Commerce and as seen or heard on Entrepreneurs on Fire, SuperFastBusiness, and The Huffington Post interviews Mark Milutin about customer retention, entrepreneurship, and more.